- About Us
We build and deliver on-time custom tool grinding machines worldwide. From concept to trial is generally under a month. New products are in production in under two months (most can be tracked on our blog). Our engineering team interfaces directly with our customers through product development and the production process.
In our factory, machine tolerances are tracked to completion of a new product and drawings are updated as the parts are built. This makes it possible, as a matter of normal course, to provide machines with above normal characteristics when needed in the Tradesman and Journeyman grinder lineup.
Cuttermasters operates as a debt-free company. Cuttermasters has an engineering model shop and three warehouses in Canada, a US Office warehouse in New York, and the best warranty in the business; If it’s broken, we fix it. Machines are generally repaired for free as part of our research and life cycle test program. We maintain a large finished-goods inventory. Every prototype and product is designed by Jeff Toycen and then built by hand in our shop. Over the last decade, the company has developed a world-class crew of talented young men who are now experienced machine tool builders.
Cuttermasters is the largest seller of the CUTTERMASTER End Mill Sharpener worldwide and is the sole producer of CUTTERMASTER Professional, the CUTTERMASTER CM01 Journeyman JXT. CUTTERMASTER Professional is a registered Trademark of Cuttermasters.
Our tool grinders make it easy for any shop to sharpen its own tools with existing staff, eliminating downtime. Money and time that is normally wasted shows up on the bottom line as profit. If it’s good we carry it.
Cuttermasters facilities – Ottawa ( Rapid Prototyping), Smiths Falls (Ontario-Distribution), Ogdensburg, NY (Manufacturing and Distribution).
January 2020, Cuttermasters acquired the Trademark CUTTERMASTER Professional. In June of 2020 Cuttermasters purchased all of the CUTTERMASTER inventory from its US rival. Toycen CUTTERMASTER Professional – -Tool Grinder /End Mill Sharpener the CM01P incorporates the super quiet Toycen Infinite Twin DC Tower, Toycen Radius Air Spindle. Both are current Patents. Toycen Journeyman JXT Infinite Single Universal Wheel Head for Tool Grinders.
Tradesman and Tradesman Machinist, Tradesman Edge DC Grinders, Patented (Good Idea Marty !) – Our bench-mounted, universal DC grinders: woodturners, machine shops, tool modification, welding, and composite material fabrication. Smooth Quiet Powerful Workstations 6, 8, 10 inch and belts
Toycen GSC and Synic Machines –
Our line of world-class drill and end mill end sharpeners. We have most of these machines built to our own specifications and as such we have very long warranties.
Precision plated CBN and diamond grinding wheels
Cuttermasters and Tradesman Super Abrasive Grinding Wheels are world-class precision plated and resin bond grinding wheels.
- US Navy National Research Lab Washington DC (Cuttermaster Professional)
- Canadian Security and Intelligence Service
- Canadian National Research Council
- Canadian Forces Base Bagotville (AFB)
- University of Ottawa Rehabilitation center
- Department of National Defence Quality Engineering and Test Establishment. (QETE)
- Crysler Canada
- Arnprior Aerospace
- Camcor Industries
- Micron Precision
- DND Canada (QETE) Cuttermaster Professional
- BC Precision
- Fed Ex
- Tesla (4 machines)
- Johns Hopkins
- St Olafs University Toolmaker Program
- San Diego State University
- MS Aerospace
- Sturm, Ruger & Co.
- Strayer Voight
- US Navy Aerospace Lab Aberdeen MD (Cuttermaster Professional)
- 4 Front Engineered Systems
- Randys Automotive
- Pegen Industries
- Rolls Royce Aerospace
- Saudi Military
- Techno Troquales
- 4 Front ES
- High Tech Services
- Pauls Tool and Die
- Martins Sharpening (2 Cuttermaster Professional)
- Gemini Tool Services
- Seals Tool
- Red Rigging – UK
- Jamco America
- Smart Die and design
- Johns Hopkins (4 tradesmen)
- Boeing Charleston (Tradesman, Grinding carbon fiber)
- MIT Robotics Lab (Tradesman)
- DoAll Florida Tool grinding Operations (Cuttermaster Professional)
- General Motors
- New Mexico State University
- Pas Tech
- City of Chicago Maintenance
- Concept 2 ( Tradesman Grinding carbon Fibre)
- Saudi Aramco
- Blossom Machining
- MIT Trades Program
- Blue Origin
- Faraday Futures
- Kaman Aerospace
- Blue Origin
- Williams F1 Formula One (4)
- Groomers Supplies
- King County (Seattle)
- Cuttermasters Products are carried by the following US Distributors
- Western Tool
- US Tool
- Production Tool
- Travers Tools
- Blackhawk Industrial